CarFAX wants your data- all of it! If it has anything to do with your automobile CarFAX will do anything to get at it.
Let's fast forward and take a look at what could happen with their new "find a mechanic" application. (Read more about there application here.)
- Free My CarFAX app launched
- Millions download and start using it to document repairs & archive maintenance records (CarFAX will access this data)
- Vehicle history products launched (expanded) to include service records
- CarFAX mass markets new product with "scare" campaign aimed at consumers - "Don't buy a car without knowing if it was properly maintained"
- CarFAX leverages new product to increase revenue from car dealers
- Consumers pay a premium for products to check for "maintenance history"
- Dealers recoup CarFAX expense by charging more for products & services
- Consumers & dealers get hurt by irregular mileage discrepancies created by repair facilities that do not enter mileage diligently
- CarFAX wins again!
Friends, anyone that has ever purchased a used vehicle knows that a properly maintained vehicle is worth more than one that is not. That always reflects in the condition of the vehicle. Most people maintain their vehicles, but how many keep every receipt for the day that they choose to sell or trade their vehicle? The answer is…not many. Is this concept a good one? Perhaps it is, but how much information do you want CarFAX to have? DamageMAX believes the information will be used by CarFAX for leverage against the consumer or car dealers and it will ultimately hurt the consumer two ways:
- Vehicle Value – will diminish as more mileage discrepancies are created and maintenance records that are not available.
- Consumers will be "forced" or coerced to buy a history report at a premium to feel secure about a vehicle purchase.
In conclusion, DamageMAX recommends that consumers not use the new My CarFAX application. DamageMAX thinks your local car dealer is better solution than Big Brother and they will give you a print out for free!
Tell them DamageMAX sent you!
Experience the DamageMAX Difference.
Call (888) 629-2137 or visit www.damagemax.com for more consumer friendly information.